Version 1903 Touchpad Issues

Reaction score
Installed 1803 and migrated to version 1903 but the cursor peridodically jumps here there or anywhere. I unstalled the Synpatics driver and it still does it. So ive tried various Synatics drivers and uninstalled all of them cause nothing works. Not even sure how I'm able to use cursor and left and right buttons at this point.

I'm using 2010 Hp Elite 8540p laptop. Any ideas on what works for this HP? Thanks

Reaction score
I Inloaded synaptics version 19.0.58? and installed where the original version that came with 1803 and 1903 update and is bck in program files.

Also downloaded something from HP, as well as went to managed devices and click mouse tocuhpad and inloaded some mouse touch pad driver.

Also I went to sensitive settings in system clicked low sensitivity and that seems to have made a differrence tho the problem is not gone completely. I go to mover cursor across page and it will highlight and move stuff. more in some forms or documents than others, but as I'm typing this things are going better. Yay!

Reaction score
I like Mouse and Keyboard Center at Microsoft download center.

I went to systems > mouse and other and made adjustments there, and still have same problems. On two Toshibas wit Win 7, I installed a PS/2 Synaptics and that fixed the same issue. This device is PS/2 but it appears to be differrent V7 version. As I stated previously, In deleted original that came with 1809 and/or my updating to 1903 and tried other various options I came across as explored the net for solving the problem.

I think I'm back to what I stated with and not sure where to go next.

Ask a Question