SOLVED A bit of Latitude

Bif

Reaction score
I thought I'd share a great Garage sale find I came across today, a sturdy newly upgraded DELL Latitude 830.. originally ran XP, but the young whippersnapper upgraded it to Windows 10 pro 64bit.(kids!!)
It's running Intel dual cores, 2 gigs of ram and has an 80gig HAD...All in all it runs every bit as smooth as my daily driver HP and will serve as my basement media Bluetooth Jukebox for those wild and crazy recroom shindigs!
Not a bad $5 investment if I do say so!

Reaction score
I read a rtecent post that Dell are going through a bad period.

I, and most of my family, have Dells of all flavours, as a result of a family connection with their repair service. ( purchase without add-ons or whatever). All are running, and always have done, 100% with Windows 10. For the moment, at least, it would be my makers choice.

Reaction score
a sturdy newly upgraded DELL Latitude 830.. originally ran XP, but the young whippersnapper upgraded it to Windows 10 pro 64bit.(kids!!)

Not a bad $5 investment if I do say so!
Kinda gives one hope in the young whippersnappers of today.

Dell Computers are my choice for OEM factory build computers none better IMO.

Awesome find their.

The PoorGuy :)

Bif

Reaction score
Kinda gives one hope in the young whippersnappers of today.

Dell Computers are my choice for OEM factory build computers none better IMO.

Awesome find their.

The PoorGuy :)

poorguy,
Yes it certainly does give one hope!..this little bugger was likely only 10!..me at 10, I was watching cartoons!..now kids are building PC's and loading OS's..times have changed!
I'm very happy ( touch wood ) thus far with this relic, amazed at how smooth it runs for it's age!...I on the other hand could only be so lucky!;)

Reaction score
Hey Bif,

Yep times have changed at 10 I to was watching cartoons.

Older Dells are excellent finds.
Parts are easy to find for minimal dollars. :D

I bought the Dell Optiplex 380 series desktop listed in my signature for $5.00 added a hard drive from my parts box and and installed Linux on it.

I don't care what anyone says Dell Computers are the best and built to last.
I can't tell you about the new Dell Computers but the older models are tanks.

The PoorGuy :cool:

Reaction score
I have two Dell Optiplex mini form factor, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 (Win.7) Laptop . Love all of them the desktops are both workhorses. I installed Windows 10 from ISO, no major problems. Yet!

Reaction score
I have two Dell Optiplex mini form factor, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 (Win.7) Laptop . Love all of them the desktops are both workhorses. I installed Windows 10 from ISO, no major problems. Yet!
Mine are from 2010 and still work great all came out with Windows 7 when I ran the system tag on Dell website.
Another cool thing about Dell computers is I can run my system tag and know exactly when and what the computer originally came shipped with from Dell.

Here is one of mine.

Dell-OptiPlex-380
Linux Mint 18 Sarah Xfce 64 bit
Mobo: Dell model: 0HN7XN v: A01
Bios: Dell v: A02 date: 08/27/2010
CPU: Dual core Intel Core2 Duo E7500 cache: 3072 KB
clock speeds: max: 2933 MHz 1: 1867 MHz 2: 1600 MHz
Graphics: Card: [AMD/ATI] RV516 [Radeon X1300/X1550 Series]
Memory: 4.0 GB DDR3

A $5.00 purchase and slapped a hard drive in and installed Linux and here we are. :D

Ask a Question