A little irony can make you smile

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Well....
Make me smile anyway.
It seems that the people who maintain torrent trackers (servers that keep track of shared resources across the globe), your computer, my computer, anyone's computer who is running uTorrent, or BitTorrent, or any of the other numbers of P2P software out there, have decided to ban or at least "seriously" consider banning Windows 10 machines from their network(s).
Seems they suspect Windows 10 of "over-sharing".
Wonder what they are really concerned about......
Maybe the much rumored piracy kill switch?

https://torrentfreak.com/torrent-trackers-ban-windows-10-over-privacy-concerns-150822/

Reaction score
Well....
Make me smile anyway.
It seems that the people who maintain torrent trackers (servers that keep track of shared resources across the globe), your computer, my computer, anyone's computer who is running uTorrent, or BitTorrent, or any of the other numbers of P2P software out there, have decided to ban or at least "seriously" consider banning Windows 10 machines from their network(s).
Seems they suspect Windows 10 of "over-sharing".
Wonder what they are really concerned about......
Maybe the much rumored piracy kill switch?

https://torrentfreak.com/torrent-trackers-ban-windows-10-over-privacy-concerns-150822/
The kill switch you're talking about is nothing more than a Rootkit that disables pirated software not sure how it would work with mp3's or movies though.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
not sure how it would work with mp3's or movies though
Me either and I really don't care, as I have nothing on my computer of that nature anyway, but......
If I did, I would certainly have it backed-up, copied and duplicated to a second drive, setting on a shelf across the room and we'd see if that "rootkit" as you call it could jump a 20 foot air-gap.
This week things took a turn for the worse. Slowly but steadily reports started pouring in that Windows 10 has a built-in piracy kill switch. If we were to believe some of the reports, Microsoft would nuke all torrents downloaded from The Pirate Bay.
Just doing my part to propagate the BS rumours.
I especially liked the part where he commented on "privacy rants on facebook".
Very funny. :)

Ask a Question