acsm files on tablet

Reaction score
I need to download and read Adobe Digital Edition files on a NuVision tablet running Windows 10 Home on a Intel Atom x5-Z8300 processor. I can download Adobe Digital Edition software and successfully download .acsm files.
There is no tablet software in the Windows Store to read this format and I appear to have no way to set ADE as the default reader. Using "Default apps by file type" the only options given are Internet Explorer or Look for app in Store. In the web store Overdrive is offered but only on a PC.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :).

I've created an article (using your file extension as an example), which will hopefully help you solve this issue:

https://www.windows10forums.com/art...-file-extension-with-specific-application.84/

If you've already tried this, please let me know. The way to search for your own application is a little hidden and easily missed, so I hope this is the problem and it's an easy fix for you :D.

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. On a tablet using the Atom processor the process is different but gets to a similar position. When I get to the selection of an app from the Store though none is available that runs on a tablet.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is it not possible to set ADE as the default application manually using the steps above, as you've already got that downloaded and working? I'm not able to test tablet mode from my desktop, so can't confirm. You could try disabling tablet mode temporarily (swipe in from left and toggle the tablet mode option) and see if the expanded options appear that way?

Reaction score
Is it not possible to set ADE as the default application manually using the steps above, as you've already got that downloaded and working? I'm not able to test tablet mode from my desktop, so can't confirm. You could try disabling tablet mode temporarily (swipe in from left and toggle the tablet mode option) and see if the expanded options appear that way?

I always use desktop mode but on an Atom processor tablet the software appears very different from my PC. You use "Default Apps/ Choose Default App by Type" that lists all file extensions. You are offered Edge or Choose from Store. ADE is not offered only Overdrive. When you select Overdrive it shows up as for PC and does not give a download option.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Are you trying to associate the file using Settings > Apps, rather than via the .acsm file itself (as shown in the article above)?

To confirm, if you right click the .acsm file (or long press on a tablet screen), you don't see an "open with > choose another app" option? If you do see that, there is no "More apps > Look for another app on this PC" option?

Reaction score
You need to see how this works on a Atom based tablet. These options are not available. Thanks for trying.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't be of more help - let us know if you get a solution working :). Good luck!

Ask a Question