ad aware anti virus & private firewall installed but can't find?

Reaction score
After win10 install, I finally found list of installed programs, and shows ad aware anti virus and private firewall both installed, but not finding them on task bar (or whatever its now called in lower right) tho ad aware Web Companion shows. Any idea how to see if they are actually working & maybe show an icon somewhere?

Seems finding stuff will be my biggest hurdle.

Reaction score
Same problem-can't seem to find icon nor run the program from the program file location. Have not yet found solution to this but will keep looking.

Reaction score
No luck with the firewall program (Private Firewall), but I was able to get ad aware anti virus working by going to start / rightclick/programs/and then highlighting the ad aware anti virus and clicking on repair, and it worked.

Reaction score
Thanks-I did try that and it did bring back the program icon, but now I can't "switch on" the net and web protection features. I have sent an inquiry to Lavasoft.

Ask a Question