antivirus without ads

Reaction score
is there a free antivirus that could be depended on and that has no ads? I have had alvira, (lots of ads, Avast is a pain interrupting what youre doing trying to sell ads. If you do, will you let me know?
I caught a bad infection trying to find one online.

Reaction score
avast won't bother you if you set it to " silent ". Free Antivirus AND without ads: Windows Defender. Has never let me down so far....

Reaction score
You can turn off popups in Avast be enabling silent mode but you'll get an occasional notification that silent mode is on. Defender is the only free solution that's free of ads. It's detection rates are still very poor, but if you just go to "safe" websites, you should be fine. I would still never recommend it for someone like me who does a ton of research, and never know what website I'll land on.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
I go on lots of sites and forums and windows defender has never let me down. it is also fast and very reliable and its free

Ask a Question