Add Windows Settings to your Desktop Context Menu

Add Windows Settings to your Desktop Context Menu

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Regedit32. I've been using this for some time & love it. The new Windows 10 version 1903, adds a Search & Phone & doesn't include mixed reality. I tried to add these myself & delete the Mixed Reality, but couldn't do it. Could you post how to add the above new ones & delete the one that no longer exists.
Thank you in advance!!

Hi again,

I've edited the original Script to create the attached .ps1 file.

The order categories appear in the Context menu for the added Settings list are determined by the order coded in the Script, so if you wish to reorder that, simply change their SubCmd numerical value [ noting: you'd need to adjust each line in the block of code to reflect the SubCmd value change.

Mixed Reality has been removed as requested.

If there is anything I've missed let me know and I'll adjust accordingly.

Regards,

Regedit32

Attachments

• Windows Version 1903 Context Menu.ps1
    10.1 KB · Views: 182
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. No, I was seeking to add Settings > Search, which is new to version 1903.

Regedit32

Reaction score
No, I was seeking to add Settings > Search, which is new to version 1903.

The file I attached will add Search and also Phone to the Settings > [list of categories]

sample.png

Reaction score
Thank you so much!! I found that I had to delete the old registry entries first, as running the new script kept the "Mixed reality", added Phone, but not Search. I guess that's because there were two entries with the same numbered placeholder. Works like a charm now.

Again, I wish you good health!

Reaction score
I confess tat I never quite grasped the need for this faciility. Winkey and i seem a more convenient way to view the settings, than changing items in the registry, which can be changed back , of course, with a subsequent update.
But, as pointed out, it is an old post and maybe things have changed since then.

Last edited:

Ask a Question