After the upgrade to Windows 10 I can't get the update for AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series

Reaction score
Dear friend,

I've got a notebook Pavilion DV6-3152SL with hardware AMD Phenom(tm) II N620 Dual-Core 64 bit, bios F29.

After upgrading from Windows 7 HP to Windows 10, I've got a big problem with the AMD graphic drivers, which are both now version 15.200.1062.1004. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series seems to work fine, while AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series stopped working of an error code 43 and I'm unable to fix it. I've already tried these chances, but no one of them has succeded to solve the problem of my AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series:

- Updating the driver from the AMD website both installing it manually and utilizing AMD Catalyst Istall Manager;

- Withdrawing the HD 5000 to let Windows Update installing a new one;

- Updating through the software HP Support Assistant.

... But I can't fix it: driver update for AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series is impossible. And, in any case the configuration goes lost at reboot and my notebook goes on saying "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate".

How can I fix this? Please, I need your help also because this problem hardly overheats my notebook.

Thank in advance for your advices.

Chiara

Reaction score
unfortunately some amd / ati graphics adapters don't seem to have any support for windows 10. I haven't been able to get any of my amd / ati graphics adapters working at all. mine work well on windows 7 but no go with windows 10 so far. hopefully they will put out a driver for them because a lot of us own them and don't want to get rid of them yet. I damn sure won't buy anymore of there products since they don't keep them supported for very long. at this time I would be happy with just the Microsoft basic vga driver, at least then I might be able to find a driver from vista or windows 7 that might work.

the poorguy

Ask a Question