All the stop codes. Graphics drivers win10 and bsod

Reaction score
Help
Iv just spent the last week trying to sort out my many BSOD errors to no avail.
Recently started getting bsod every time i tried to do anything in the end decided a clean install was the right move ( chkdsk failure kind of pointed to corrupted something)
Made a win10 20h2 iso, formatted my hdd. Had to install it twice to get a stable install but it was working ok, Internet, vlc etc. But when gaming was super slow.
Check device manager and it cant find my graphics card, amd radeon hd 8500/8700m.
I have tried various combinations of adrenalin 2020 2019 and older driver programs in normal and safe mode.
None install properly and have now been locked out of my system restore.
Trying to get a fresh install of windows 10 going.

Should i just go back to 8.1 and be done with all the headache? Or is there a way to get my graphics card working on win10 20h2?

Thanks for reading

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Hardware can play a big part in BSOD's. That said, can you list your complete system specs and or make/model if a OEM PC....like Dell or HP?

Reaction score
Its a dell inspiron 3521
amd radeon hd 8730m
Baught it in...2012 maybe. Might there no longer be support for such an old card?
Cheers

Reaction score
The 8730m should certainly be supported. If the drivers aren't installing properly, and the device manager doesn't see it, my guess is that it's some kind of hardware issue. Probably the gpu.

Reaction score
Thanks team. Iv had to go back to 8.1 just because its stable. No bsod for a while now. But still having driver issues. Cant get anything to install. Am stuck with the 2013 stock (i assume) drivers.
Ran a benchmarking test and it couldnt find the gpu so im guessing its toast.

Ask a Question