How to stop hacker to login into my computer

Reaction score
Hi, I have an issue that some one log into my computer remotely and then share my screen. He can read and delete and edit on my software such as outlook, word and online accounting software. It is very annoying and also he purposely damages our business. How to stop them from hacking. Please help.

Audrey

Reaction score
Hi Audrey,

what Anti Virus app are you using?. Have you switched off "Remote Assistance" in your firewall?. (Assuming you don't need it!). :cool:

1606727309547.png

Reaction score
Hi Audrey,

what Anti Virus app are you using?. Have you switched off "Remote Assistance" in your firewall?. (Assuming you don't need it!). :cool:

View attachment 12781
Hi Wolfie,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I will check my computer.if I do not have firewall installed, which software is strongest to stop hacker or do I need a device to stop hackers? Thank you.

Kind regards

Audrey

Reaction score
Hi Audrey,

Windows Firewall is already installed and is/should be enough for your needs?. (Control Panel > Windows Defender Firewall > Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall). Then switch of "Remote Assistance" if you don't need it!. ;)

You never mentioned what AntiVirus app you are using?. Windows has Windows Defender built in and is just as good (in most cases) as any other AV app!.

What type of system setup (networked?) do you have as you mentioned it is for your business?.

Also, are you running the latest version of windows 10?.

How to upgrade Windows 10 to the latest version | Windows 10 Forums

There are apps out there to stop hackers accessing your computer(s), a sample website below but look around the web for the best option(s)!. ;)

How to Stop Hackers from Remotely Accessing your Computer via RDP (lmeservices.com)

Please answer those questions and others on the forum can also possibly help!. :)

Last edited:

Ask a Question