SOLVED Stop needing passwords

Reaction score
When I'm finished using my computer, I just put it to sleep. That way, any keystroke wakes it up and all is well. On those occasions when I have to shut the system down, the system insists that I enter a password to restart/ enter. The problem is that it keeps telling me that my username or password is incorrect. I have reset the password many times but the computer is adamant. No password, no enter. I may have to go thru 20 attempts to get back in finally. How can I set things up so that no passwords are required? No one except me uses this machine. I have no need for passwords. This of course has nothing to do with passwords for online sites. They work fine.

Reaction score
Hi Chuck,

see the following and also Settings > Accounts > Sign in options and set it to "Never". :)

1596813638156.png

Attachments

• 1596813565827.png
    1596813565827.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 174
Reaction score
Wolfies post is, possibly (?) a solution. But the real query here is why is it refusing you password.
From you earlier posts, it does look a though your installation is not fully recognised as yours. Is it a clone or similar, from anothet of you computers.

Reaction score
Try with the onscreen keyboard, if this works first time then the keyboard is faulty.

Reaction score
When I'm finished using my computer, I just put it to sleep. That way, any keystroke wakes it up and all is well. On those occasions when I have to shut the system down, the system insists that I enter a password to restart/ enter. The problem is that it keeps telling me that my username or password is incorrect. I have reset the password many times but the computer is adamant. No password, no enter. I may have to go thru 20 attempts to get back in finally. How can I set things up so that no passwords are required? No one except me uses this machine. I have no need for passwords. This of course has nothing to do with passwords for online sites. They work fine.
Thank you all for the great advice. I finally got the time to sit down with the instructions and VOILA !! IT WORKED. As you can imagine the problem is now solved.

Reaction score
Thank you all for the great advice. I finally got the time to sit down with the instructions and VOILA !! IT WORKED. As you can imagine the problem is now solved.

Reaction score
Nope. Not enough imagination! What, for our education, did you do/change?

Ask a Question