Crashing stopped, for a while... No glaring errors in Event Viewer

Reaction score
After about 6 years with my pc I started crashing around January '20, since then I have wiped all drives, and replaced EVERY part in the tower, except my case itself. I have linked a .xml of my most recent crash, (9:30pmish) Crashes about once a day.
My dad suggests it could be my tower but that just doesn't seem to make sense. There are also times where no error/warning are even written before the crash and I only get the one that says "the shut down was unexpected etc".

I have posted here before, and upgrading Windows gave me like a 3 day break from crashes, though I think it was a coincidence.

Edit: that .xml is a mess sorry I didn't know it would do that, will choose a diff file type next time

Reaction score
Hi,

have you overclocked the CPU at all?. Do you have the latest BIOS/UEFI update patches installed?. :) If you have OC'd the CPU, try resetting it to defaults. ;)

Reaction score
What are your exact system specs. And like Wolfie said, include any overclocks and any changes you may have made in the bios (XMP profiles, etc.). Is there anything common about the crashes? Like when you're running a specific game or program? Is overheating a possibility?

Reaction score
Hi,

have you overclocked the CPU at all?. Do you have the latest BIOS/UEFI update patches installed?. :) If you have OC'd the CPU, try resetting it to defaults. ;)

No overclocking or custom adjustments to parks. BIOS claims it is up to date :(

Reaction score
What are your exact system specs. And like Wolfie said, include any overclocks and any changes you may have made in the bios (XMP profiles, etc.). Is there anything common about the crashes? Like when you're running a specific game or program? Is overheating a possibility?

Windows 10 64 bit
32G Ram
Intel(R) i7-9700k CPU @ 3.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
3 SSD all brand new since crashes started
Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W 80+ Gold Semi Modular ATX 12V/EPS 12V Power Supply

There doesn't seem to be a pattern that I can see, and she definitely runs cold.

Reaction score
I'm thinking maybe it's a program or driver causing it, especially if it's almost the same time when it happens. But it's really hard to determine exactly what's causing it without a dump file. That may at least give a clue whether it's hardware or software. See if there's a file in you C:/Windows/Minidump folder. If there is you can throw it up on onedrive or google drive and post a link to it. One of us can look it over.

Reaction score
I'm thinking maybe it's a program or driver causing it, especially if it's almost the same time when it happens. But it's really hard to determine exactly what's causing it without a dump file. That may at least give a clue whether it's hardware or software. See if there's a file in you C:/Windows/Minidump folder. If there is you can throw it up on onedrive or google drive and post a link to it. One of us can look it over.

Don't seem to have that folder or anything similarly named, next time I crash how should I export it from Event viewer since .xml is very messy.

Reaction score
Also, what version of Win 10 do you have?, an upgrade may solve the problem if it is necessary?. :)

Ask a Question