Any way to stop certain WIN programs from staring loadign up on bootup ?

Reaction score
Every Day I boot up and voila in Task MGR I see PHOTO, MAPS , MY PHONE taking up Memory, Any way to stop these from starting up ? ( They r not in Startup group to enable/disable) so I do not each day have to delete and yet MYPHONE COMES BACK.. I tried to delete / uninstall but them not a option available. I do not use any of those programs ever . Suggestions ?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Open taskmanager and check the startup tab, see if it is listed there.

Check C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp
And
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

and failing either or both of those look to these registry locations but of course back it up, create a restore point manually, and export the key prior to editing for safe keeping.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

You can also use AutoRuns from SysInternals, which may also help locate the problem. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

Reaction score
My Phone I believe you can uninstall.
Not the case on your phone, no option to uninstall, has a button to terminate, whcih I have found does didly squat, tried over n over... As for startup tab in Task Manager non of them are listed in startup.

Reaction score
Are you on 2004? Because I'm on 1909 and I don't have it running in task manager nor do I have it listed in the start menu. I'm sure I uninstalled it.

Reaction score
1909 on laptop and it doesnt show
but on my new DELL DESKTOP running WIN10PRO (1909 ) its shows up in Task Mgr but no in startup
1597531189170.png

1597531256085.png

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have a read here

Means and methods may strongly depend on any disparity in versions and or build numbers.

Reaction score
Remove the Apps permission to run in the background by turning the switch to OFF. I am running 2004 and the app does not appear in taskmanager

Ask a Question