SOLVED And the changes start...

Reaction score
I just got an e-mail stating the OneDrive storage space was being reduced from 15 GB to 5.

I am afraid this will not be the last unexpected change we will be seeing regarding Windows 10..

Reaction score
I don't really use it but the folks which are syncing their files may be a little upset the rules are changing. Maybe the first shoe to drop but if they are going to limit it to such a small amount, I need to have the capability to disassociate my system from that service completely.

I haven't done a lot of research on this but I only have one system which runs with a Microsoft account. I will have to check it to see what effect it might have on that system. I also see Office likes to store files on OneDrive and Word does show me as being on a Microsoft account which is maybe is why it wants to use OneDrive.

And the last thing might be if OneDrive would conflict with some other Cloud service. If all of them sync then the possibility exists it would cause a problem, especially during Windows updates. I had considered using DropBox but noticed there were some problems using it earlier...

Oh well, it will be fun to find out how long my primary Windows 7 install will be available.

Ask a Question