Anniversary Update download size issuesI

Reaction score
Are there any provisions for remote area users on slow and bandwidth limited satellite isp's to acquire the 3+GB update?

Reaction score
I presume that you are in Alaska. In a small community? Can you get someone you know in a city who has fast 'net to download the ISO and post it to you? But you'll potentially still have a problem later as the cumulative updates will get bigger even though you'll only need a few files from each.

I googled Ugashik, Google shows an aerial photo of the community. It sure is small and remote!

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Or....which I've done a couple of times. Have a friend that's elsewhere and download/burn the ISO and mail it to you.

This is where MS should step up an allow users to order a hard copy....for nominal fee.

Reaction score
Tim The community of Ugashik Village is a metropolis compared to where we live. My bride and I live year round 30 river miles upstream from Ugashik Village on the Outlet of Lower Ugashik Lake. Its a 60 mile round trip by skiff in the summer or snowmobile/atv when the river freezes in the winter. Ugashik Village is the closest point for mail but it is intermittent at best.
As bassfisher suggests will try to get my son to download it and mail it but his isp is also getting restrictive and 3+ GB is not trivial. Microsoft assumes everyone has the same bandwidth access they do.
Thank you for the prompt feedback.
Ugashik Bob

Reaction score
Wow. As an unrepentant city boy myself I find Guelph where I live ( 118,000 people and a large uni with 20,000 students) to be a bit quiet and rural compared to Toronto where we lived for 30+ years before I retired. ( came from the UK where countryside is parcelled out in small bits and you are rarely more than a couple of miles from somewhere.) I imagine you would hate that.

Ask a Question