Another Wifi not connecting to the 'net when awaking

Reaction score
It seems Win10 has a problem losing the wifi connection when recovering from Sleep or Hibernation. Well this is driving me NUTS. I've a new (for me) Dell XPS that is having this problem. I have searched everywhere and tried everything I've found (that sounded realistic) - no joy.
Latest Drivers; this is an Intel AC 7260.
I've edited the Group Policy for keeping the NIC on during sleep, turned off win10's control if the device to save power etc. No joy.
Every 4th or 5th time it comes out of hibernation or sleep, I've got to restart the bloody machine so that the WiFi sees the 'net - odd thing about that tho' it will ALWAYS see the LAN, it has a static IP. I've swapped the NIC with no joy.
Is this just the way Win10 is? Am I going to have to live with this?
ANY ideas?

Reaction score
I can't help because I have NEVER used Sleep or Hibernation. I presume that both work when you do a full boot from power off. Lan and Wifi. Do they both then come up with a DHCP granted IP address?

Reaction score
I can't help because I have NEVER used Sleep or Hibernation. I presume that both work when you do a full boot from power off. Lan and Wifi. Do they both then come up with a DHCP granted IP address?
Yes, the WiFi works, there is no wired LAN on this laptop.
I've done quite a bit of searching through the web and this seems a some-what common problem. None of the solutions proffered have helped tho'.

Do you shut your laptop off everytime, or just let it sit?

Reaction score
All our machines are fully powered down at bedtime! All the networking gear (ISP modem, router and Gb switches) are on all the time.

The two main PCs boot up completely in less than 30seconds. My laptop takes longer as it has a Bluetooth mouse and so has to wait until Bluetooth is up and has found the mouse.

Ask a Question