Another Windows 10 disaster as Free Solitare dsappears and I go Apple.

BML

Reaction score
I hover my curser over the square divided into four and the word, "Start" shows. I click onto it and two colums show. On the left the heading is, "Recently added" and on the right, "create" There is no sign of Microsoft Solitaire Collection.

Reaction score
I'm unable to find the start menu.
It's the 4 white squares on left end of the Taskbar that are reminiscent of a window pane.

BML

Reaction score
When I click onto the four square cells I do not get what you showed.

BML

Reaction score
This what I get when I click onto the four window sign.

Attachments

• 20190309_174235.jpg
    20190309_174235.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 280

BML

Reaction score
That's right, that's what I clicked onto and the picture I sent is what happened.

Reaction score
So, you now see the menu. Did you scroll down it to look for the solitaire collection?

BML

Reaction score
I attempted to copy with Snipping Tool what was shown when I clicked onto the four piece square but every time I attempted to type what was shown onto a document using Word whatever it is that appeared when I clicked onto the four squares thing disappeared.

I then wrote the following out by hand then typed it out. The list on the left that was shown when I clicked onto the four squares is as follows.

Heading. Recently added.

Feedback Hub

Driver support

Gap

3D Viewer

Gap

Acrobat Reader DC

There were the fifteen other items none of which were solitaire collection

Reaction score
Then you don't have it installed most likely. Scroll down to the microsoft store, and click it. Then search for microsoft solitaire collection like I showed in my earlier post. If there's an install button there, you don't have it installed. If there's a launch button you do.

BML

Reaction score
There is no sign of a microsoft store or microsoft solitaire collection.

Reaction score
There is no sign of a microsoft store or microsoft solitaire collection.
From that one could conclude that either the Windows installation has been customized to eliminate what some call bloatware or that Windows has been corrupted or is incomplete. I've just completed current updates on 2 Desktops and 6 or 8 Notebooks and the two items in question are on all of them.

Reaction score
I concur with Bighorn. I have Windows 10 on 5 machines, fully updated, and both the Microsoft Store and Microsoft Solitaire Collection are present on all. If the Microsoft Store is missing, I'm going to side with a corrupt install. I know the store can be removed, but generally you need to use power shell to do it. The best advice I can give is to backup your data and do a system reset.

BML

Reaction score
Many thanks for all the time you have spent on this matter. I do not have the confidence to do a backup and system reset. I have never been able to actually make contact with Microsoft Windows and tell them to sort this out but could you point me in the right direction?

Ask a Question