SOLVED Any Insiders seen the corrected 17763 re-release?

Reaction score
We just got a servicing stack update on the 13th of Nov. for public 1809. There was also a recent one for 1803. If it is actually another one, there must be more things going on.

I have seen a lot of folks complaining about BSODs in 1809 or GSODs it appears, in the advanced builds.... Maybe Microsoft finally realized it was confusing us to use a Blue background during repair operations and for actual BSODs.

Reaction score
Another Insider update for 17763? This is not normal, right? Don't the Insider releases normally cease once a build is publicly released?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Another Insider update for 17763?
Yep....

Capture6.PNG

Bumped the build to 17763.167, although the actual update looks like a repeat

Capture7.PNG

This is not normal, right?
Yep again.... AND if you figure it out please let me know what the heck is going on.

Reaction score
Another Insider update for 17763? This is not normal, right? Don't the Insider releases normally cease once a build is publicly released?
Not in the 4 years I've been getting them, just go to the next Version on the "drawing board" and its Builds. As the Version numbers have been going I'd expect Version 1903 soon after the forthcoming public release.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yep again.... AND if you figure it out please let me know what the heck is going on.
I suppose the possibility the process will be continued in the future is reasonable. I still have to think these are because of problems with this particular build.

Due to a trend regarding problems with new public builds, I would not be surprised if some type of standards were put in place regarding the Insiders. What those might be, I would have no way of even guessing.. But setting up a new Insider ring which would agree to certain conditions, such as types of systems used or configuring those systems and their updates to be done in a specific way, would be necessary. It seems the current Insiders program is falling short of evaluating new builds in some areas. I suppose the situation where many folks lost their personal files would be one example.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
As I may have mentioned earlier, I expect that these recent updates that I've received on my Insider "Release Preview" ring machine are simply Cumulative Updates that will be released to the general public on an upcoming "Update Tuesday" or whenever.
What I find somewhat interesting is that the public face of the Insider Program (Dona Sarkar) nor the "Insider" twitter feed nor the Insider Blogs have any mention of these updates to the Insider Machines still on the Release Preview Ring.
It's like they've all moved on to the 19H1 build.
Currently everybody seems to be attending the ESPC18 event (European Share Point Conference) so …..
STILL Globetrotting
I still have to think these are because of problems with this particular build.
Yep.... and so far the rumors around these two updates have been far from glowing. Looks like they may have introduced even newer problems with some of the native Apps.

Reaction score
Yep.... and so far the rumors around these two updates have been far from glowing.
Something to note, the prior update which moved the build to .165 was never released to the public, at least not yet. The fact this update moves it to .167 seems to be a fix for the first one.

Reaction score
We are here to help. It is not our position to do full testing.
Which is why I mentioned a special Insider Ring. I would be willing to participate in something like that. Otherwise, many folks are just in the Insiders program for free software. No one is this forum, of course.

It would be very informative for Microsoft to publish the type of helpful telemetry they get from the program as it stands.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The fact this update moves it to .167 seems to be a fix for the first one.
I'd love to just say ….. "OK" and maybe throw in a "WHATEVER", but....
The cynical pessimist in me just sees this as Microsoft being deceptive.

They issue an update that produces the build bump to 17763.165 then a week or so later they issue another update that produces another build bump to 17763.167, and....
Coincidentally they both have the same KB# (KB4469342), so at some point in the future, the rest of the world running 1809 sees only a single "cumulative" update
I know that this might just be a case of "watching the sausage being made" and not of much interest to the general public, but....

I prefer a little Sunshine and light including some transparency when you're screwing with my computer, data and installed programs.
I can't tout the splendor or the suit, tie and vest, when it seems apparent that the Emperor has no clothes.

I think they have a crippled product on their hands with this version and rather than tell everyone or anyone for that matter, they add a bandage, cast, crutch and wheel chair and continue rolling along.

Reaction score
It's confusing, Version 1809 Build 17763.194 is the latest for the RTM/Released to Market/Manufacturing edition while Version 1809 Build 18298.1000 is the latest for the IP/Insider Preview edition and this is the Windows Insider part of the forum.

Reaction score
You are asking in the Insider Preview program about the current RTM/Released version of Win10, they are different.

Ask a Question