Anybody else having a problem with Spartan?

Reaction score
I realize that Spartan is probably not even in beta and on my laptop, it reacts more like Alpha software. Frankly, I haven't been able to do much with it. Settings do not even allow me to set my preferred Start Page. The MSN Start Page isn't bad, but I prefer one that I setup with my most used links. And the icons on the browser don't seem to work, and if they do, they are slow to react after clicking on them. How do I get to menu? How do I get the the minor settings? What sort of unusable browser has MS created?

Reaction score
Spartan.jpg
There is no "menu " as we know so well in IE.
Settings can be accessed by clicking at the 3 dots , top right.

Spartan is not my favorite.

Reaction score
Thanks, I had previously tried the 3 dots, but for some reason when I clicked, nothing happened. This time it happened, but very slowly. The browser reacts very slowly and I have now found that it does not allow the changing of the names of download files until after they have been downloaded (much the same as Chrome). For me, that is not good.

I do suspect that the browser will be faster when they have it ready and will have more features later. I would like to use certain add-ons, but at this time they cannot be used. Last Pass is an example.

I'm going to continue to use either IE or Chrome for awhile. I like IE, but must use Chrome because IE freezes frequently or stops when Last Pass tries to fill certain blank spaces. I do believe that is a Last Pass problem, not IE, but since I like using Last Pass, Chrome is essential.

Ask a Question