SOLVED Applications Open in Background

Reaction score
After installing Windows 10, I noticed when I go to open a second or subsequent application that it opens in the background. I have to minimize my current window to access the new window. I've looked through various settings and I was unable to locate anything that would resolve my issue. BTW, I usually have Google Chrome open first and then will open Open Office or File Explorer as an example. Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Reaction score
I have a similar problem. Outlook (from Office 2007) will not stay open on my desktop. Every time I write an email or close one I'm reading, I'm back to the desktop. It takes sometimes 6 clicks to get the minimized Outlook back open again. How do we get it to be persistent?

Reaction score
I'm not sure what changed but after rebooting my system, it's behaving as it should. When I open an application, it opens in the foreground. This is not the first time that I have rebooted since installing Windows 10 so I don't have an answer as to why the system "corrected" itself.

Ask a Question