asus eeepc 1001px

Reaction score
Hi

When i try and upgrade from win7 to win10 32bit version, my asus eeepc 1001px install process says "processor not compatible" digging further it is saying the processor doesn't support NX. It is a Intel Atom N450 with 2G memory.

Seems looking on the net many are claiming they have Win10 running on on the above spec. I have upgraded bios to latest version, and checked bios there doesn't appear to be an option in bios to turn on/off NX.

Anybody have any ideas on what i can do to get win10 on this netbook ?

tia for any replies

Reaction score
I'm running it with the exact same specs. NX support would have to be enabled via the bios. My bios doesn't give that option either. No idea why some have this issue and others don't.

Reaction score
If the Atom N450 doesn't support NX (And from what I've read that is true), there wouldn't be an option in the BIOS to enable NX. There is no way to enable something that doesn't exist.

I watched a few YouTube videos on installing Windows 8 or 10 on systems without NX support. I didn't feel comfortable sharing those links. To be honest I didn't watch any of them all the way through, so I don't know what it was they were actually doing. The start of all the videos were somewhat confusing. So I opted to look elsewhere, and eventually give up my search.

Reaction score
According to CPU-World, NX is supported (aka XD bit). I did nothing special to install Windows 10 on my tablet. As a matter of fact, I upgraded to 32 bit Win 10, clean installed 32 bit Win 10, and clean installed 64 bit Win 10, over the last few weeks on it. The only issue I've had is the touch screen driver, which (knock on wood), seems to be fixed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
I honestly don't know why some are having issues with NX support and some aren't. It's not just with atom cpu's either. I've seen people with core2duo's having issues. It usually comes down to bios support. Either it has to be enabled or the bios has to be flashed. My bios doesn't have a place to enable or disable it, but it seems to work fine. I wish I had an answer.

Ask a Question