Eeepc Asus Acpi Driver Missing

Reaction score
since I installed windows 10 om my asus eeepc I get a message that says :
asus ACPI driver missing
please install asus ACPI driver.
I tried to install this driver but couldn't figure out how, looked everywhere with no success, I even contacted asus tech support, I have been told my laptop being 5 years old i must be charged aa expensive fee in order to get any support.
please if anyone can help and show me how to install this driver, that be would be great.
thanks

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
What's the specific model for you EEE PC? Mine only supports windows 7 Start and XP and my model is EEE PC T101MT-EU17-BK

Last edited:
Reaction score
What's the specific model for you EEE PC? Mine only supports windows 7 Start and XP and my model is EEE PC T101MT-EU17-BK
I have eeepc 1001px upgraded from Windows 7 starter, I upgraded the ram from 1gb to 2gb and installed win 7 home premium, it worked very well, but the upgrade was removed one day when I made a factory reset of the device and went back to starter.

Reaction score
I am facing the same problem with Asus eeepc 1005p. Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 starter. Window pops up to Install missing Asus ACPI driver. Even after I close the window, it immediately pops up again and there is no way to make the pop up stop.

Reaction score
I am facing the same problem with Asus eeepc 1005p. ... Even after I close the window, it immediately pops up again and there is no way to make the pop up stop.

I have the same issue with a 1005HA model. That notification is annoying, especially because the window doesn't have a "minimize" button. However pressing the Windows key and 'd' clears the desktop by minimizing all the windows -- including that notification. This makes the desktop usable again. Just don't alt-tab back to that notification window and you're good to go. Kinda.

The Asus hot key problem isn't a false alarm. I've noticed the hot key function keys for turning wifi on and off, etc. aren't working. Here's hoping Asus comes up with a fix...

Reaction score
Hello. Just installed Windows 10 this week on my 1000HE from Windows 7. I had the pop up issue and the various function keys such as mute and turning the wifi on/off not working, but I have it solved for now.
First, I downloaded the ACPI driver package from ASUS.
The 1000HE has an ACPI preinstall, for that I needed to use the Troubleshoot compatibility setting. The Windows default setting worked for that. Yeah.
For the AsusSetup, I had to run it in XP compatibility mode.
First, I selected the Troubleshoot compatibility. The install failed. In the Next window after the install fails, there is a choice to select a different compatibility setting. I went back through windows time, selecting prior versions until XP succeeded. I now do not get the annoying pop up and all the function keys work. Yeah. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Hello. Just installed Windows 10 this week on my 1000HE from Windows 7. I had the pop up issue and the various function keys such as mute and turning the wifi on/off not working, but I have it solved for now.
First, I downloaded the ACPI driver package from ASUS.
The 1000HE has an ACPI preinstall, for that I needed to use the Troubleshoot compatibility setting. The Windows default setting worked for that. Yeah.
For the AsusSetup, I had to run it in XP compatibility mode.
First, I selected the Troubleshoot compatibility. The install failed. In the Next window after the install fails, there is a choice to select a different compatibility setting. I went back through windows time, selecting prior versions until XP succeeded. I now do not get the annoying pop up and all the function keys work. Yeah. Hope this helps.

I've had (so far, at least) a similar experience. Asus wouldn't show any driver results for a 1005HAB netbook, but when I looked under 1005HA I found a KBFiler driver that looked promising. Installing that (after uninstalling the existing HotKey Manager) worked if I ran the compatibility troubleshooter and used a Win7 setting. Now my hot keys are working again. I guess I should thank my lucky stars I didn't have to drop back to XP compatiblity mode for it.

Reaction score
I've had (so far, at least) a similar experience. Asus wouldn't show any driver results for a 1005HAB netbook, but when I looked under 1005HA I found a KBFiler driver that looked promising.
Have you tried the Windows 8 version I mentioned above? The kbfilter is just an older HotkeyService version. With V1.48 you need no compatibility mode.

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my Asus Eeec PC 1215B, updated from Win7 64bit to Win 10. I tried the solution shown by
Filou83, and now the Pop-up message is gone. The hotkeys FN + XX is still not working, but that´s a minor issue, just not looking at that stupid popup, is a relief.

Reaction score
That's strange... it's working for me on 32bit Windows 10 with the Atom N550 1015PE.
Have you uninstalled all ASUS KBFilter / Asus Hotkey Services or Asus ATK Software before? Just sort by vendor in Control Panel > Remove Programs to be sure.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Have you tried the Windows 8 version I mentioned above? The kbfilter is just an older HotkeyService version. With V1.48 you need no compatibility mode.

I tried the 1225B version you suggested. Alas, while it got rid of that irritating notification window it didn't activate my hot keys.

According to the control panel, the 1005HA KBFilter installation gave me HotKey Server v 1.45, so I'm not feeling *too* far out of date versus 1.48. Using the Windows 7 compatiblity setting was a minor annoyance, but I'd be very surprised if this is the last time I have to use it to make something work on Win 10.

As an aside, after 20+ hours of Antimalware Service Executable purgatory (only 25% CPU usage, but disk I/O and memory usage were at 95% & 100%, making the machine unusable while it scanned the hard disk), I have to say I'm favorably impressed with Win 10 on a netbook. The machine's definitely more responsive than a clean install of the original Win 7 Starter OS.

Reaction score
I used ccleaner tot prevent the hot key services to start it worked. (Its an work notbook and I dont use the hotkeys a lot) So now waiting voor ASUS to deliver compatible driver

Reaction score
since I installed windows 10 om my asus eeepc I get a message that says :
asus ACPI driver missing
please install asus ACPI driver.
I tried to install this driver but couldn't figure out how, looked everywhere with no success, I even contacted asus tech support, I have been told my laptop being 5 years old i must be charged aa expensive fee in order to get any support.
please if anyone can help and show me how to install this driver, that be would be great.
thanks
We're having the same problem.

Reaction score
My Asus EeePC 1005P had worse problems with Windows 10, first attempt from Win7 Software Update didn't work out well. It said "Something happened". Later I managed to update with Win10 Update app. Unfortunately the network hardware was completely unsupported/unrecognized, no wifi, no ethernet. Also my battery was not supported, because the screen went black when the power cord was removed. Tried to install the network drivers manually, no success. I couldn't simply revert my system back to Win7, because the Win10 Update app has overwritten the Win7 restore points.

I could use the supplied Win7 recovery DVD but instead I decided to give Linux a chance. I tried to boot into Ubuntu 15.04 distribution from a USB-stick and found out that the network hardware (and all the rest) works. Installed it in half an hour and the Asus Eee has never been faster. Boots under 1 minute, shuts down under 10 sec. When it was new with Win7 it was nowhere near this performance. Firefox & Chrome also work quite much faster than before.

Reaction score
You need the Windows 8 version, select an EeePC with Windows 8 support, e.g. 1225B:
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Eee_PC_1225B/HelpDesk_Download/

Select Windows 8 32bit or 64bit, depending on your Windows 10 version.
Go to "Others" and download "Version V1.48" of "Hotkey services"

Uninstall the old Hotkey Services before installing the new version.
This worked perfectly for me on my 1000HE. Pop up is gone and all the hotkeys are working as expected.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Dziękuję, pomogło mojemu eeepc (Thanks Filou83, it helped ). Zrobiłem jak w ramce powyżej i jest ok, czyli bez popupa i system pracuje jak na razie bez problemu.

Ask a Question