Eeepc Asus Acpi Driver Missing

Reaction score
since I installed windows 10 om my asus eeepc I get a message that says :
asus ACPI driver missing
please install asus ACPI driver.
I tried to install this driver but couldn't figure out how, looked everywhere with no success, I even contacted asus tech support, I have been told my laptop being 5 years old i must be charged aa expensive fee in order to get any support.
please if anyone can help and show me how to install this driver, that be would be great.
thanks
My QUICK SOLUTION WORKS

Go to task manager. RENAME Hotkeyto Hotkeyxxx
the annoying nag window is gone and all the hotkeys still work.

Reaction score
Just received this link this morning

Latest ASUS drivers for Windows 10 - Ivan Ridao Freitas
http://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-drivers-for-windows-10/

I am downloading everything I could find usefull, I have x202e, eeePC (2) and eeeBox plus laptops.
The ATKPackage looks like the same fond on ASUS (this morning too).

Nothing has been tested aus I am on the road to repair some of those computer (almost all Win10 now).

Reaction score
I have a Eee PC 1005HAB, I updated to Windows 10. The error about the hotkeys was sorted once I removed it, I installed the hotkeys versions from Windows 8, after instal it asked to restart. Which I did. But never came back just have a black screen with with a flash cursor

I'm desperate, I don't have any recovery disk I managed to creat a usb boot disk with dos from rufous. But can't do much with it, is there anything I can do? I don't care about the files I just want it up and running again.

I'm absolutely gutted.

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Try to boot in safe mode, tap F8 ou F6 while booting.
There you can restore to a previous state or get in safe mode an try to uninstall your last software.
I got mine working in compatibility mode Windows 7 (ugly OSD).
I should try the Windows 10 driver, now that I have found them.

Reaction score
Yesterday, I installed windows 10 on my eee PC 1001PXD starting from windows 7 - 32bit with Hotkey Service 1.32
As all you, I met the problem "ACPI driver missing"

Finding on ASUS "driver & tool" I find the Hotkey Service 1.45 for windows 7-32bit
at http://www.asus.com/it/support/Download/30/8/0/150/FD1aZOQQFDZYA0RB/29/
under ATK
and I downloaded it from here
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeevicPC/Driver/HotkeySere_1_45.zip

Before to install it on windows 10, I done prudently a "Restore Point"
After I installed "Hotkey Service 1.45 for windows 7-32bit" under windows 10 - 32 bit
Done a reboot
and now Hotkey Service run well

At http://www.asus.com/it/support/Download/30/8/0/150/FD1aZOQQFDZYA0RB/29/
you can find also the Hotkey service 1.45 for windows 8 - 32bit

I'm not sure to continue to use Windows 10 on my eee PC 1001PXD
because windows 7 seem to work faster

On other my portable PC's I will continue to use Windows 10

Last edited:
Reaction score
I installed the hotkey service 1.48 but after a restart I now get a pop-up telling me the touchpad driver needs to be installed as the touchpad hotkey is void.

So I downloaded the synaptics touchpad package from the asus website, but running install then produces an error telling me the synaptics touchpad is not available... What's up?

I'm running win10 on the 1000H

The hotkeys do work by the way (as does the touchpad itself), but I now always get the hotkey popup on startup complaining about the touchpad.

What to do?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I installed the hotkey service 1.48 but after a restart I now get a pop-up telling me the touchpad driver needs to be installed as the touchpad hotkey is void.

So I downloaded the synaptics touchpad package from the asus website, but running install then produces an error telling me the synaptics touchpad is not available... What's up?

I'm running win10 on the 1000H

The hotkeys do work by the way (as does the touchpad itself), but I now always get the hotkey popup on startup complaining about the touchpad.

What to do?
After upgrading to Windows 10 Version 1511 I received the same message.
So I reinstalled my Synaptics driver:
Touchpad_Synaptics_Win8_32_Win8_64_Z62117 (Version 16.2.11.7, found it via google)

Edit: The version 16.2.16.0 from
http://www.asus.com/de/supportonly/Eee PC 1225B/HelpDesk_Download/
did not work for me!

Last edited:
Reaction score
My QUICK SOLUTION WORKS

Go to task manager. RENAME Hotkeyto Hotkeyxxx
the annoying nag window is gone and all the hotkeys still work.
Does not work, after doing this the hotkeys no longer work
After upgrading to Windows 10 Version 1511 I received the same message.
So I reinstalled my Synaptics driver:
Touchpad_Synaptics_Win8_32_Win8_64_Z62117 (Version 16.2.11.7, found it via google)

Edit: The version 16.2.16.0 from
http://www.asus.com/de/supportonly/Eee PC 1225B/HelpDesk_Download/
did not work for me!
Thanks, that solved it. Happy new year!

Reaction score
Reaction score
I have just spent 3+ days with this problem associated with upgrading to W10 ("Asus ACPI driver missing, please install Asus ACPI driver" message). Computer is Eee 1015PED Netbook with W7 starter. The maximum allowable RAM 2GB is installed (suspect not worth upgrading to W10 with less memory). My fix was to reload the computer to original factory settings, after backing up all user files which will all be lost using this procedure.

1) Boot. Use F2 key (seems particular about speed, approx 1/second till BIOS flash screen appears). Disable Boot Booster in boot section (necessary for next step).

2) Boot again. Use F9 key to access recovery module. Select Recovery option.

Computer will restore to original factory settings in about 30 minutes. The following steps involve drivers specific for W7 (in my case) or the OS when computer was new, and may not work with other OSs.

3a) Next, update all ASUS drivers. I knew the date of purchase of my computer; however the latest version of each driver is on the ASUS support web site:

Asus.com>Support>enter model #>navigate to driver and tools. ***sometimes the ASUS website does not seem to recognize their own models. A Google search for "ASUS (model number), driver download" should get you there. Select the OS which came installed on the computer when purchased.

Each set of driver files is in a zip file. Unzip/Unpack them and save the associated directory structure. Execute the setup.exe file for each one.

3b) The BIOS file update, also zipped, contains an XXX.ROM file. I'm not keen on updating the BIOS; however it seems frequently that ACPI problems are associated with it based on searching articles on the web. Save the XXX.ROM file to a known location such as the desktop. It may also be necessary to rename the file name to an 8 character (DOS) file name; leave the ROM extension alone. A web search will quickly show this installation is not straightforward. I stumbled upon an extremely easy solution I had not uncovered on web searches. Select:

Windows>Start button>programs>ASUS>ASUS update for Eee PC (not "live Update"). This opens a BIOS flashing program. Select the option to navigate/browse for the .ROM file you saved. The flashing program will verify the .ROM file and install/flash the BIOS. Mine finished in 5 minutes. The BIOS flashing program looks similar to the last 4 screen shots in the following link (scroll down), however nothing prior to those shots in the pages seemed to work for me.

http://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1008276

4) At this point you now have a factory installation with updated ASUS drivers and BIOS. No W7 updates have yet been selected or installed. If you want to continue with W7 OS, just update through Windows Update. I wanted to install W10. There was not an option to upgrade to W10 at this point, however I searched (Google) for a link to upgrade to W10. That allowed immediate access to a W10 upgrade. Since I had no programs or user files on the computer at that point I was able to select the option to install W10 completely by itself – pretty close to a clean install.

W10 installed fine, and the " ASUS ACPI driver missing, please install ASUS ACPI driver" message is no longer a problem.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You need the Windows 8 version, select an EeePC with Windows 8 support, e.g. 1225B:
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Eee_PC_1225B/HelpDesk_Download/

Select Windows 8 32bit or 64bit, depending on your Windows 10 version.
Go to "Others" and download "Version V1.48" of "Hotkey services"

Uninstall the old Hotkey Services before installing the new version.
I agree with this except I just installed the new version. The message went away. I reset the virtual memory in the SD card slot and now Netflix streams properly with no glitches.

Reaction score
Hope it helps - only in German:
Leider, gibt es keinen Windows 10 Treiber von ASUS für Ihr Gerät.
Jedoch, können Sie das Intel® Utility für die Treiberaktualisierung verwenden, um den Grafikkartentreiber zu aktualisieren.Diese Software finden Sie unter dem folgenden Link:

http://www.intel.com/p/de_DE/support/detect?iid=dc_iduu

Answer from ASUS Computer GmbH, D-40880 Ratingen.
Best regards,
Stefan

Ask a Question