Asus laptop no wifi since upgrade from Win 7

Reaction score
I know many others are having internet connection issues since upgrading to W10 but as everyone's system & setup is different I'm equally adding my problem to the ever growing list just in case it's fixable as I've not found a solution yet amongst the dozens of similar ones I've read about.

I upgraded my Asus S56C 8.1 laptop yesterday and initially things seemed to have gone well. But then I found that I had no trackball or mouse etc, but managed to find an old USB mouse to attach so got that sorted. I *think* I maybe had a network connection at the start but somehow since last night it's gone - I get nothing up at all when I click on the taskbar icon with the X in it, & if I work through various boxes to fix the problem nothing changes. The WiFi tab in Network & Internet is set to On but it still says WiFi isn't connected. I've hunted everywhere to find some idea of what might be preventing it from staying on - all WLAN services are running as far as I can see. If I try & repair the connection & apply the fix to turn on Wireless capability, it says the latter is turned off & there's a problem with the wireless adapter or access point - where do I find those to fix??? :)

In Control Panel/Network Connections both the Ethernet & WiFi show as not being connected (appreciate the former wouldn't anyway). Clicking on teh WiFi properties, all the boxes are ticked in the first screen, and on Configure - the driver (Intel Centrino Wireless N2230) appears to be fine.

Apologies - I've no idea whether this is actually definitely a W10 problem or not as I've never had connection issues ever with this laptop so am unsure what way things were set up prior to the upgrade, but perhaps someone with a similar model will be able to enable me to check out any other things I've maybe missed??

THANKS for any suggestions/solutions :)

Reaction score
Ok - just to save time - I had contacted Asus too regarding the problems with the laptop, & their solution is to revert to 8.1 as Windows 10 isn't yet supported so I suppose that makes sense. So going to have a go at that shortly as they've provided a walkthrough. Here's hoping!!

Ask a Question