Preparing automatic repair - black screen asus laptop

Reaction score
I bought this laptop asus K501U 1 year ago and it's been 2 or 3 days since this message appeared on the screen and I let it "repair" for over 10 hours, then the screen became black and I couldn't use it. Since then It doesn't boot.

Every time I restart it, I see "Asus" and "Preparing automatic repair", after about 30 seconds the screen turns black.

I've been trying literally anything, I can't change the battery because it is inside the 'hard case' (I don't know how to call it) I don't care about the files, I just need the laptop.

I've also tried to reset W10 using a USB 3.0 and Create Windows 10 installation media from the official site, even entering the BIOS: nothing works.

It can recognize the Usb as a device, but the consequences are the same (even though the Asus logo appears and "Preparing automatic repair" doesn't).

I really don't know. I wish I could find something to solve this without going to the experts.

Sorry for my English.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I've also tried to reset W10 using a USB 3.0 and Create Windows 10 installation media from the official site, even entering the BIOS: nothing works.
It can recognize the Usb as a device, but the consequences are the same (even though the Asus logo appears and "Preparing automatic repair" doesn't).
You need to focus on booting the system from external media and see if you can determine why it's not working.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1008277/
https://www.asus.com/us/support/faq/1002172/
AND
You need to prepare the boot media properly in advance according to your system requirements.
Rufus.JPG

Ask a Question