auto 'advice' pages

Reaction score
Windows 10 problem
1 Whenever there is a problem like a program conflict, crash or similar, windows opens an internet page. These original problems are usually solved by restarting. Sometimnes I restart with the internet turned off wich has helped in the past. Yesterday 50 or more identical help pages were opened in a few seconds. I lost work in another program because of having to shut down urgently.
2 If the internet is not connected, windows keeps opening a 'Tips' page suggesting how to connect with the internet. I can't get rid of this page no matter what.
Can anyone suggest how to short-circuit these automatic 'helps'?

Reaction score
In the Windows search box type click on settings > System "Notifications and action"
You have control of the notifications you receive, you have many options including but not limited to, turn notifications ON/OFF, select which apps you wish to receive notifications from...

Reaction score
Ok, thank you for that. I turned off 'get tips as you use windows' but can't see anything else in that line. I am not using any apps and am only having the trouble with windows--that's why I'm asking the question on this forum. When this situation arises, I can only click within some programs, not on icons or thumbnails. eg I can't open photos,One of the internet tabs it keeps opening is 'get help in file explorere,' so I suppose that's the problem area.

Does anyone have any further suggestions, as this repeating problem is often blocking use of my computer?

Ask a Question