Auto hide task bar

Reaction score
Hi, Even though I have it set in Properties to auto hide the task bar, it stays up on the screen. This has caused some difficulty when I've tried to download a program in Edge, and the "Run" button is hidden behind the exposed task bar.

Reaction score
Mine did the same, but after several times of ticking Auto hide and apply then unticking and re ticking it now works.

Windows 10 is certainly still beta software, usable but has quite a lot of bugs :(

Reaction score
Mine did the same, but after several times of ticking Auto hide and apply then unticking and re ticking it now works.

Windows 10 is certainly still beta software, usable but has quite a lot of bugs :(

Thank you, Steven. I did try to uncheck auto hide, but the Apply button is hidden behind the taskbar so I can't click on it.

Reaction score
Thank you, Steven. I did try to uncheck auto hide, but the Apply button is hidden behind the taskbar so I can't click on it.

I found a way to move the window up so that Apply is now visible. I guess I wasn't clicking high enough on the window before to move it. I tried your method, hasn't worked yet, but I'll keep trying. I'll happily work with Windows 10, bugs and all, over 8 and 8.1.

Reaction score
My autohide does not work either. I have the Taskbar on dual monitors, and it hides on the second monitor but not the primary. I have tried disabling and re-enabling the autohide feature and that does not seem to help in my case.

Reaction score
My autohide does not work either. I have the Taskbar on dual monitors, and it hides on the second monitor but not the primary. I have tried disabling and re-enabling the autohide feature and that does not seem to help in my case.

Thanks for your reply, Ron. My auto hide is now working. A Dell tech worked on my computer remotely. It looked like he did something with Explorer. Stopped it, then started it again? Not sure. I just saw a flash. It made me wonder if I had simply rebooted if it would have worked the same. I forget about that. I just put my computer to sleep, then wake it up again. Think I'll get in the habit of powering off every now and then, just 'cause. It wouldn't have been much of a problem except the taskbar at times was hiding commands at the bottom of the screen, and I couldn't always move the window up, or reduce the zoom on the screen. That was the case when I was trying to connect with the Dell tech. Couldn't click on Run. So I switched from Edge to Chrome and that worked. Hope this info helps someone else.

Reaction score
On a similar note, does anyone know how to remove an icon from the Taskbar ? I added one (by dragging a shortcut onto the Taskbar) and I now want to remove it but can't figure out how to do it. I can't drag it off and right clicking on it does nothing so would appreciate any help !

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, Ron. My auto hide is now working. A Dell tech worked on my computer remotely. It looked like he did something with Explorer. Stopped it, then started it again? Not sure. I just saw a flash. It made me wonder if I had simply rebooted if it would have worked the same. I forget about that. I just put my computer to sleep, then wake it up again. Think I'll get in the habit of powering off every now and then, just 'cause. It wouldn't have been much of a problem except the taskbar at times was hiding commands at the bottom of the screen, and I couldn't always move the window up, or reduce the zoom on the screen. That was the case when I was trying to connect with the Dell tech. Couldn't click on Run. So I switched from Edge to Chrome and that worked. Hope this info helps someone else.

aptpupil,

Rebooting fixed this problem for me.

Ask a Question