Auto Power On CHAOS

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Every Sunday, at 02h00am my PC turns on by itself, and I have no idea how to turn off the setting that lets it do that. Have you guys got any clues?

Reaction score
Have you checked the BIOS for a power setting such as Wake on LAN that could be turning on the computer? Maybe something in the Power Options in Windows is causing it.

Reaction score
Try something. Disconnect your ethernet cable on Saturday night and see if it is due to some external signal OR something to do from within the system.

There is one other possibility that could be doing this. If your bios is set to say "switch on" upon restoring of power then possibly there is some kind of a power reset in your location that does so at exactly the same time every week. I don't believe there is any available BIOS setting that can select day of the week too. At least not in my 30+ year experience of building systems.

Ask a Question