SOLVED Autocomplete Delay Time

Reaction score
When I attempt to log in typing one letter pops up my username highlighted but before I can click on it it's gone.. Does anyone know how to increase the delay time?
This occurs not just at this forum but at e-mail and any other login site.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is that a problem with one specific browser or across multiple browsers?

Reaction score
I use Yahoo almost exclusively but tried Google just to see. Autocomplete doesn't work with Google.
I was wondering if I could blunder around in the registry and increase some values.
Speaking of blundering I have been known to "brick" more than one laptop by doing that.
Geeks much smarter than me have said if you don't know what you are doing in the register keep out!
6 laptops later I still have 2 that work.

Bif

Reaction score
@jmccleary, when you say you tried Google..do you mean you tried it in Yahoo?..or did you try another browser?
I'm not at all familiar with Yahoo, but I do know that it isn't the most secure browser to use... you may find Firefox or Chrome offering a better experience and MUCH more security......AND autocomplete!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Google is not a browser, yahoo is not a browser.
Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, etc., are examples of browsers.
I realize we all fall victim to calling tissue, Kleenex but in order to perhaps better understand the problem, knowing the browser and not the home page is probably important.

Bif

Reaction score
Google is not a browser, yahoo is not a browser.
Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, etc., are examples of browsers.
I realize we all fall victim to calling tissue, Kleenex but in order to perhaps better understand the problem, knowing the browser and not the home page is probably important.

Guilty and embarrassed, the thing is I'm aware of all of this just got discombobulated in mid type/thought....
Please pass a tissue/Kleenex;)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I know..... I was just being pedantic cause I'm bored.
I still don't know what might be causing the OP's problem. When I log off and then on to this site, I just double click the username text box and my name is magically there and the password is likewise populated.

I was hoping Regedit32 might put in an appearance and work some of his registry magic, cause I'm stumped. I thought most browser kept that historically by virtue of cookies and temp internet files.

Bif

Reaction score
I wonder if he has the "Clear history when you close browser" checked...and all the accompanying boxes of course. That would sort of explain why nothing is populating upon typing, but even then it should as he's using whatever browser he is using.
Like you, I just click on a field and up pops my username and password or other.
This one has me stumped!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yep..... between the whistles and bells built into the browser and the native Windows Credential Manager he should be good to go.
There is probably some checkbox somewhere that needs attention. Hopefully someone will have the magic bullet

Reaction score
Autocomplete.PNG

From Yahoo internet options. I don't want to delete history. I want to increase delay to click on popup username.

Reaction score
Windows Credential Manager
I just entered Yahoo.com my username and password into credentials. I'll let you know if that helped.

It did. My username was autocompleted into Google G-mail. Apparently the problem was no entry in credentials. Thanks Trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad you figured it out.
The image you posted above looks like the Auto Complete Settings from Internet Explorer, which looks to be properly checked, so why it wasn't prompting you to "remember" / "save" passwords that you have previously entered, I don't know. You shouldn't have to manually add them to the Web Credential section of Credential Manager.

Reaction score
One last comment. Autocomplete now keeps popup username highlighted until it is clicked on. This on Ymail which is where the problem started. This thread will be marked solved.

Ask a Question