Automatic repair couldn't repair my laptop

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I was trying to reset my laptop couple of days ago and after few failures I end up with a blue screen saying automatic repair couldn't repair your pc. I saw few tutorials but couldn't fixed it. Please can you help me with ideas?

Thank you guys.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200305-073630_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200305-073630_Gallery.jpg
    855.8 KB · Views: 160
Reaction score
Hi Pupuleku13,

what version of Win 10 do you have?:

If you want do a clean install and keep your data intact, try the following:

https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/re-install-w10-and-keep-your-files-app-data-intact.15825/ :)

Let us know how you get on. :)

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I was trying to reset my laptop couple of days ago and after few failures I end up with a blue screen saying automatic repair couldn't repair your pc. I saw few tutorials but couldn't fixed it. Please can you help me with ideas?

Thank you guys.
This solution is to disable the automatic repair from starting if your computer fails to boot into windows.

What you will need - A Windows 10 USB-CD

Step 1: Place the CD in your drive and proceed to boot from it

Step 2: When the install screen pops up, look to the bottom left and select "Repair Your Computer".

Step 3: You will now see a screen that says "Choose an option". Select "Troubleshoot", then "Advanced Options", and finally "Command Prompt".

Step 4: You should now see the command prompt. Type "bcdedit" (without quotes) and hit enter.

Step 5: A list should have appeared. Towards the top, you should see "resumeobject" (It is under "default"). Highlight the long number, including the brackets, and copy.

Step 6: Now type "bcdedit /set (the long number you copied) recoveryenabled No" (Without quotes). Hit enter.

Step 7: You should now see the message "The operation completed successfully"

Step 8: Type "Exit" (Without quotes)

Step 9: Reboot
----------------------------------
as posted by Microsoft

Ask a Question