Automatic Repair Loop (wof.sys)

Reaction score
I... have a weird situation going on, here. Okay, first off, I had just gone through a Windows Update (Updated everything to the latest last Tuesday, and ever since, my computer had been constantly crashing with bluescreens. Upon trying to find this situation out, on of the startups had caused the error "Start Menu and Cortana isn't working" and prompted me to log out and in again, which didn't work. I looked up how to solve this, and the solution was to start the computer up in Safe Mode. I set it up to start in Safe Mode, and ever since, my computer has been stuck in an Automatic Repair Loop.

I've tried sfc /scannow, chkdsk g: /f (G was my drive letter in cmd.), bootrec /fixmbr, bootrec /fixboot, and bootrec /rebuildbcd all in the terminal of the recovery options from both Windows startup and the installation media. I've even restored my Windows Registry with the RegBack folder. I eventually turned off automatic recovery to see what exactly is going wrong, and I was greeted by this lovely screen.
img_20160129_155153_by_deferredgalaxy3-d9prpw2.jpg

The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors.
File: \Windows\System32\Drivers\Wof.sys
Error code: 0xc000007b
For those who can't read it.

This is also a newly clean installed Windows 10, from back in December. I can't think of much that would be caused. I know Wof.sys is Windows Overly Filter. I just don't know what could be causing this.

Motherboard: ASUS M4A78LT-M LE
GPU: AMD Radeon 5670
8GB RAM

The only other thing I was doing before my computer became unusable was using Unity.

I know this is a lot of information, but I thought a lot of background might help point to where my issues are.

I can't access Windows 10 by booting, I have tried all of the startup settings, and I can only access recovery settings. I have access to the installation disc to Windows 10, and I have a KNOPPIX disc, which both give me access to the HD, in case there's something I need to overwrite and delete.

Also, reinstalling Windows is a last resort. I appreciate the fresh start and all but it's a very annoying thing to have to do over a random situation, especially since I've reinstalled Windows twice over the years of having this computer. And if this happens again, I want to be able to find out how to quickly just erase the problem without erasing my HD. =w= Now that that's overwith, I NEED HELP!!!!! :p

Ask a Question