SOLVED Avira uninstall

Reaction score
Avira antivirus won't let me update, none of their solutions help, decided to uninstall and it won't let me do that and again none of their solutions work. I'm running Windows 10 updated from 7 on a 32 bit laptop. Any help v. welcome

Reaction score
technerd If you are successful uninstalling Avira, I recommend switching to Windows Defender.
I ran Avira for years and was supportive of the software. After the Fall update I decided to take a look at Defender again. Defender has improved immensely over the past year, I love it. MS do a great job with definition updates, several times a day.

Reaction score
technerd If you are successful uninstalling Avira, I recommend switching to Windows Defender.
I ran Avira for years and was supportive of the software. After the Fall update I decided to take a look at Defender again. Defender has improved immensely over the past year, I love it. MS do a great job with definition updates, several times a day.

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I'm hoping that bassfisher's suggestion will work, then I'll look at Defender

Reaction score
I think you will be happy with Defender and its protection options for Files and Folders.

Reaction score
Solved. Downloaded avira registry cleaner, went into safe mode ( warned not to do this if bit locker or similar is installed), opened cleaner and it worked. Had to repeat a couple of times to completely clear avira. Thanks for all your suggestions. Technerd

Ask a Question