SOLVED Backup To External Drive Won't Run Now?

Reaction score
I routinely get a msg from Microsoft to backup my files on an external drive but after Feb. 13/21 no more messages. When I try to do a manual backup, it will not run. The backup app come up and shows the correct destination drive and all the source folders but when I select "run backup" it immediately shows "cancel" and stops.
Any ideas what I should do would be appreciated.
Dave

Reaction score
Honestly I'd ditch the Windows backup program. It's extremely unreliable. There's some very good free programs out there. I've use AOMEI Backupper for years. I have the paid version on this PC, but run the free version on my other ones. Macrium Reflect is another good one. Many swear by it.

Reaction score
Thanks BigFeet for your input. I found that I can now backup my files through File History in Control Panel and that works for me. I read somewhere that the previous Backup app through Settings was discontinued which may be why it will no longer run for me.

Reaction score
I think someone mentioned that awhile back. I just didn't remember until you just mentioned it. I glad you worked it out.

Ask a Question