Backup on external seagate

Reaction score
I currently use verbatim for backup but want to use Seagate because it is 1T and smaller to transport with me. When I try to add Seagate the computer will not recognize Seagate. Dont get technical on me, I'm 76 yrs old and struggle enough as it is using this Asus laptop.

Reaction score
I currently use verbatim for backup but want to use Seagate
I'm had the same problem a couple of weeks ago with both of my external HDs. After I installed a new PC in my home office, neither my Seagate HD nor my HP HD were recognized by my new PC. No connection, whatsoever. Because I'm not all that technical, either, I just went out and bought a new 1TB HD which works well.

Reaction score
You might need to format the Seagate drive and make sure Windows assigns it a drive letter.

Reaction score
Format the drive with proper file system. You can do it with Windows tool easily.
1. Right click "This PC" on your desktop and select "Manage" from the list.
2. In "Computer Management", find "Storage" and click on "Disk Management" under the "Storage".
3. See if you have the Seagate disk connected. If yes, right click it and select Format. If no, you may need to disconnect it and reconnect it and try again.
Hope that is helpful. :)

Ask a Question