SOLVED Best snipping tool to capture active window

Reaction score
Can you recommend a snipping tool that will allow me to capture windows dialogue boxes that appear from time to time or to copy and paste only part of the desktop to a document.

Reaction score
I use the Snip & Sketch tool that replaced Snippy. It's a key combination of Windows key + Shift + S, can capture portions of the screen including most Context menus while visible on the screen. An example before hitting Post reply here:
1627661924064.png

If desired I can click that capture to open Snip & Sketch to further work with it and save, etc. Another example:
1627662053997.png

Reaction score
Should add. It also has shortcut key which can be activated in the settings. All you need to do is click the shortcut (prntscrn), and a small popup allows you to selec the usual options _ lasso: rectangle etc..

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. I was aware of the Snip and Sketch tool but had never really looked in to it. Since you've recommended it I've watched a video on how to use it and will definitely make use of it! Many thanks for taking the time to help me out!

Reaction score
I think the only issue with some folks will be getting the key combination working, I use my left hand for it, thumb, pinky, index.

Reaction score
The shortcut key gets you around that.
I have to avoid that on a couple of Notebooks, wrong choice on PrntScrn toggles the Wireless w/Bluetooth On or Off. What is default of the F keys on some keyboards requires using the Fn combination on others, designated by the color markings.

Ask a Question