Best way to 'remake' your Windows account?

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So I woke up this morning to a start menu that isn't working, presented with a "Critical Error - Your Start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in."

After a few troubleshooting steps, I realized it's some sort of corruption of my account, as it works fine on a brand new Windows account.

So I need to do a fresh profile, with all my folders.

Currently my plan is to backup my folder under C:\Users, which prompts for a few locked down Windows apps I have to reinstall I reckon, then create a new account, delete my old one and recreate it with the same name, then restore that backup.

Is this the only way to do it or is there a native / smoother way that also copies over the Windows apps stuff?

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi David,

go to the link pasted below and see if that helps ("Create a new administrator account"). :)

Once you have done that (if it works), update/upgrade Windows 10 to the latest version (if you haven't done that already, currently 2004) then restart and see if you can access your original account, if you can access your old account without any problems, change that back to administrator and delete the other account you created!. ;)

Ask a Question