Bill wants to give us some money

Reaction score
Hi Dave,

a great idea but it might go wrong very quickly when too many traders are making a profit and the share price falls dramatically within a few minutes and people may well lose all the have, it will hurt those that only have a little to spare, the big guns will just write-off their loss as a tax deduction and still play golf in the morning!. :(

Reaction score
I was sceptical when I read it. I have, for long, been an admirer of what Bill did for the world. There is the underlying argument of how much of the original material he obtained by dubious means, but that's another story.

But, I thought, Bill has grown into a very extravagant lifestyle. I didn't envision him risking a cent of that.

Reaction score
I thought it sounded too good to be true but sadly some people won't be as suspicious as me!. :(

I do not understand why the police don't get on their case and shut them down?. ;)

And Dave, I like Bill too, he may have stolen ideas from Apple & Co but I still think he is a good hearted person deep down inside!. :p

Reaction score
I'll try and check out the origins. They are very dusty now. But I recall that young nerd being invited to look around the Xerox foundation. They had an in house windows system He asked (not sure about that!) if he could borrow it - MSWindows!!!

Found a little insight here:

https://www.axios.com/bill-gates-we-didnt-copy-apple-we-both-copied-xerox-2288594317.html

Way back there, a program called Geoworks came out. It ran in Dos and was pretty much instant. writing program and the lot from a black and white graphical menu. I raved to my colleagues about it. I wonder where it would have got us, if Windows had not been invented and Geos had developed further?? Just pondering.

Last edited:

Ask a Question