SOLVED Black Screen again

Reaction score
Hi ,just joined Windows forum.
After reinstalling Maxthon Web browser my problem started with Windows 10,only have black screen on Medion PC desktop,I have looked other members post's, tried F8 key nothing, Windows key nothing ,Ctrl Alt Del have orange coloured screen and Task manager drop down menu had a look there but means nothing to me,bottom right of screen connect to internet -narrator-power off . as Silver surfer any help would be very welcome.
I am using an old PC Window XP to access the forum.
Thanks

Reaction score
depends on what edition of Windows 10 your using, some browsers simply do not work properly.
if you have a RESTORE point set you can restore back to the last known good one...
insert your boot media, (any boot media will work) open command prompt as Admin.
type rstrui.exe /offline:C:\Windows (enter) and if you have a restore point that will restore your computer.
if you do not have - insert the windows 10 install media and upgrade your version (that will rewrite all the default
windows settings.) and not all computers have the same F-key shortcuts.

Reaction score
Hi Snuffy,
Do know which version of Windows (free 10 upgrade) I have. Unable to do a system restore as I cannot get passed Task manger page.Tried rebooting PC and hitting Esc key before password screen opens nothing ,accept your point that not all PC do not have same shortcut keys ,but I have to try something .
Thanks

Reaction score
Update.task manager -New task -explorer.exe -black screen, rebooted PC removed all external cables to check if task manager screen disappeared no change.On another Web site says should use Windows Media Tool what do you think ?
Thanks

Reaction score
Hi Snuffy,
Do know which version of Windows (free 10 upgrade) I have. Unable to do a system restore as I cannot get passed Task manger page.Tried rebooting PC and hitting Esc key before password screen opens nothing ,accept your point that not all PC do not have same shortcut keys ,but I have to try something .
Thanks
almost all get Professional. so that is what I would get. and any windows should allow you to get to command prompt on boot then select repair then follow to command prompt. and use rstrui.exe /offline:C:\windows
if there is a restore point it will work. if not then use the MediaCreationTool and select Professional

Reaction score
almost all get Professional. so that is what I would get. and any windows should allow you to get to command prompt on boot then select repair then follow to command prompt. and use rstrui.exe /offline:C:\windows
if there is a restore point it will work. if not then use the MediaCreationTool and select Professional

Reaction score
HI Snuffy,
Update , Found answer on another Web site -, Switched off power button (Hard reboot) 3 times (before PC is in full cycle) goes into resetting PC screen you have 3 options I chose to keep my files but lost some apps ,and windows 10 is reinstalled for you .
Black Screen can aslo be the result of new drivers, apps. fast start up. screen resolution to name but a few.
Another Web site with lots of info is - answers.microsoft.com
Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

Ask a Question