Black screen with cursor

Reaction score
Hi since yesterday I have been plagued with a problem when moving around my desktop that all of a sudden my screen goes black and all I am left with is the cursor which is the only thing that works, there are many threads out there about black screens but nothing that relates to my problem so her goes:

My screen just goes black and only cursor works I do a ctrl-alt-del and task manager screen pops up with all the optinon like shut down task manager etc, I select task manager hoping that the task window would display but nothing no matter what key I press no response from pc, so I shut it down and reboot back to where windows desktop should be displayed and only to be met with black screen and so far the only way i have been able to get my desktop back is by doing a system restore which i keep updated now because of this problem.

I would appreciate any help with this problem otherwise my only solution would be to downgrade back to 7 and hope all my files are still there or take a 2lb hammer and sort it: I am sorry about long winded story but it is the only way I can tell it .

thanks in advance

Reaction score
Hi thanks for reply and to your question yes I installed latest windows 10 64 bit driver 35362 yesterday and still had the problem but having done so many system restore it might have reverted back to the install driver for windows 10 so will check this when I get home.

Ask a Question