SOLVED Bleach Bit and CCleaner

Reaction score
Any help here people. I use Bleach Bit and CCleaner, if I use BB, then CCleaner will find stuff after a clean. If I use cc, then I can do another clean and it will find the same amount again two minutes later..is this scare tactics by ccleaner?.

Attachments

• Screenshot (47).png
    Screenshot (47).png
    94.3 KB · Views: 123
Reaction score
Hi Iceboy,

Bleachbit for Linux has a standard user and root user option, I am not sure if the same principle applies in the BB Windows version, that might be the reason why CCleaner finds more stuff?. I would ditch one or the other and use "Disk Clean-up" as a secondary disk cleaner. :)

How to use Disk Cleanup on Windows | Windows 10 Forums

Reaction score
Hi Iceboy,

Bleachbit for Linux has a standard user and root user option, I am not sure if the same principle applies in the BB Windows version, that might be the reason why CCleaner finds more stuff?. I would ditch one or the other and use "Disk Clean-up" as a secondary disk cleaner. :)

How to use Disk Cleanup on Windows | Windows 10 Forums
I'm at a point on my laptop where there's more usage out microsoft edge when I don't use it, I use firefox or opera. But the strange thing is my usage of the cleaners is showing that the edge is running all the time and taking memory up on my.

Reaction score
Edge runs in the background whether we like it or not. Have you decided to remove one or the other of those apps?. ;)

Reaction score
Not yet Wolfie, just wondering which is the most efficient and stops it. This doesn't happen on my desktop computer, but it slows my laptop down tremendously..surely there has to be a way to stop it. This is since the next to last update.

Reaction score
If you want to stop something at any time, open Task Manager and mark what you want to stop and right click and then on End task.

You can also open Services and right click something that you want to disable or you want to start the app/service manually!.

Be aware that you might cause yourself problems if you stop/disable the wrong service!. See the pic below!. ;)
1610808980724.png

1610809241445.png

Reaction score
That doesn't work on my laptop version of windows unfortunately they just restart.
There one other mystery about edge, I've tried to use it but it keeps asking me to except a privacy clause , which I have never know on any other browser before in my life. The other thing is, I can't sign into my email account because it says I'm not excepting cookies in private or not private..according to the settings states I'm using balance control which allow cookies, but still it won't let use my email.
If you've any answers on this I'd be obliged.

Reaction score
Hi Iceboy,

what are your edge privacy settings set to?. If it is too strict, you are shooting yourself in the foot!. :)

1610875473634.png

Reaction score
These are the settings and this is what I get with a privacy notice each time..I mean wtf is edge about.

Attachments

• Screenshot (135).png
    Screenshot (135).png
    153.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot (134).png
    Screenshot (134).png
    537.5 KB · Views: 123
Reaction score
Assuming you have set cookies to delete on exiting the browser, you will always get that message, I do too!. :(

Reaction score
Right, it's all down to this cookie bit...everybody want's a bit of you don't they.. there's also a bit where you don't get a choice like the other browsers where you send information, on the edge microsoft actually demand it as read. Bit too nosey microsoft are.

Ask a Question