SOLVED Blocked internet access

Reaction score
i've just installed "bit.ly/priv468" and it's blocked my internet access. I can't even find the program to delete it. HELP
joe

Reaction score
Can you elaborate of what that actually is?? What I have found through google points to a journal of some kind....

Reaction score
It's a privacy tool. I'm not sure I'd want to run that at all. Especially since it's version 0.1. I mean it's gone from test build (12/23/18) to release (1/6/19). My guess is it's extremely buggy, and from what I can tell it does pretty much what you can already do in windows. I can't really tell you how to go about uninstalling it, since I'm not sure how it's installed (I'm not even sure you install it). My advice is to try and do a System Restore, and go back to an earlier restore point. Hopefully that'll give you your internet access back.

Reaction score
It's a privacy tool. I'm not sure I'd want to run that at all. Especially since it's version 0.1. I mean it's gone from test build (12/23/18) to release (1/6/19). My guess is it's extremely buggy, and from what I can tell it does pretty much what you can already do in windows. I can't really tell you how to go about uninstalling it, since I'm not sure how it's installed (I'm not even sure you install it). My advice is to try and do a System Restore, and go back to an earlier restore point. Hopefully that'll give you your internet access back.
thanks for the reply, I've done a reset, lost a lot of my programs....the program came from webuser, who I trusted then I found out that they have discontinued their own forum which I was very sad about. You live and learn even at 84 joe once again thanks for your response

Reaction score
I'm glad at least you fixed it. It's a shame he abandoned the project. I'm sure it could have been useful.

Ask a Question