Risky connection blocked

Reaction score
I have 2 laptops on the same network. For some time, one of them (a) shows "McAfee risky connection blocked" each time I switch it on. When I look at the log for this, it shows it is blocking the IPs of my other laptop (b) & that of my wireless printer. It appears to then do this every few minutes. There are about 1000 entries for this in the log.
I have tried turning off file sharing on (b) but still have the same problem.
I dont particularly want them communicating with each other and don't need file sharing between them.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Geoff

Reaction score
McAfee is a little overly zealous it seems. No surprise though, IMHO to be expected. Unless you paid for McAfee I would get rid of it all the way. In Windows 10 I rely on Windows defender and the MSRT. Has served me well and its free...

Reaction score
I have used ESET for years. I had two virus that caused a complete rebuild years ago. One using Norton and one with McAfee. I started using ESET antivirus and have had no problems. My security is set high and I do get alerts, but nothing has got through.

Ask a Question