Loses internet connection after recent Windows 10 update.

Reaction score
My wife has a rarely used Acer laptop. Recently added a batch of Windows 10 updates. Since then, the laptop does not connect to the internet on starting - even though the 'Connect automatically' option is selected. Usually connects manually OK, though it can say 'Connected. No internet' for a while after connecting. Lenovo desktop running off the same wifi connection, with all the same updates, does not have this problem. Suggestions anyone?

Reaction score
If the computer has virtual private network software installed, try uninstalling, then reinstalling it. If it doesn't have this, press the Windows and "R" keys simultaneously, type "devmgmt.msc" into the "Run" box and click "OK". When Device Manager starts, expand "Network Adapters", right-click the wireless device, select "Update driver", click "Browse my computer for driver software", then "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer". If one is found, install it. You may have to restart the computer for the change to take effect.

Ben

Ask a Question