SOLVED Win 10 WiFi loses connection

Reaction score
Recently up'ed to win 10 from 7. Everything seemed to be fine until I used the wifi connection. It connects, and sometimes stays connected for hours, sometimes minutes would a better word, then it will lose connection. To regain the wifi connection, I Open Network and Sharing Center, go to Change adapter settings, select Disable, then Enable, and off we go to the internet - until it repeats the problem. Thought it might be a H/W problem with the laptop's wifi connector, so I disabled it, connected a USB adapter and it seemed to fix the problem. But, not so lucky after all. Still had the same connect/disconnect problem.

Went to the desktop that I had upgraded several months earlier, unplugged the hardwire connection, used its wifi, and found the same problem, with and without the USB adapter. Tried updating the laptop's wifi driver and it says it has the most current driver, same with desktop. Went to manufacture's website and got their newest driver(s) and installed with no change. All other electronic devices work just fine and dandy. So the router is okay (reset it twice just for the fun of it) and 'no fix'. No going back to win7 on either device since M/S was kind enough to delete the win7 recovery after a month or so. I do have an Acronis full image for the laptop, but didn't make one for the desktop since it was working just fine (using the hardwire connection) so never wanted to go back to win7.

Any ideas/advice/lifelines would be gratefully accepted.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Check the Power Management tab for the network adapter you are using in Device Management.
In the case of a wireless USB Dongle, you might also need to check the same location for the USB Hub the device is plugged in to.

PowerMgmtTab.JPG

Reaction score
Some how fixed itself, possible from one of the auto updates. Thanks for the responses. Tried all of the suggestions, but they didn't fix the problems. Thanks for the responses.

Ask a Question