WiFi connection for Windows 10 Professional

Reaction score
I cannot find any WiFi connection in Settings, Network & Internet, for Windows 10 Professional.
My router is a Fritzbox 7490

Reaction score
Which could be for several reasons:
No adapter installed
Adapter installed but disabled or faulty
Adapter installed with no drivers

Need to look at device manager

Reaction score
I cannot find any WiFi connection in Settings, Network & Internet, for Windows 10 Professional.
My router is a Fritzbox 7490
The Router doesn't come into play until the adapter in the computer starts looking for it.
But then we don't see anything about the computer in your System Specs. If it's a Desktop you'd be lucky to have a Wireless/Wi-Fi adapter, don't usually come with them [my latest did but I had to remove it to use the PCIe slot]. If it's a Notebook could be as mentioned, it's disabled in the BIOS or maybe there is no software installed in Windows for it.

Reaction score
My desktop. A new computer with Windows 10 included.
Router Fritzbox 7490. A very good router with no problems with Windows 8
I go the Settings, Network & Internet (WiFi included in the fine print)
No WiFi listed in the menu. Status Not Connected
Change adapter options FRITZWLAN USB Stick v2 selected
Network Properties Connected 150 mbits/s
I have access to Outlook and other apps, but not to Window 10 itself.
No connection here.
Could it be my location (Germany)? I am German illiterate.
VPN is listed in the settings menu but not WiFi. could this be the problem?
I know nothing regarding VPN.

Reaction score
Did you read the link? Scroll towards the bottom - there are details there for sorting out your problem.

Reaction score
Then your device (computer) has no wifi.
Thank you for your reply. My computer has WiFi. I use Outlook (Hotmail ) daily along with other apps.
As a test I look up Microsoft Solitaire Collection which says I have no connection. Settings also says no connection.
I have re written my problem in this forum. I had no problems with my router with Windows 8

Reaction score
The Router doesn't come into play until the adapter in the computer starts looking for it.
But then we don't see anything about the computer in your System Specs. If it's a Desktop you'd be lucky to have a Wireless/Wi-Fi adapter, don't usually come with them [my latest did but I had to remove it to use the PCIe slot]. If it's a Notebook could be as mentioned, it's disabled in the BIOS or maybe there is no software installed in Windows for it.
Thank you for your reply. My adapter seems O.K.
Change adapter options FRITZWLAN USB Stick v2 selected
Network Properties Connected 150 mbits/s

Ask a Question