Wifi Adaptor not showing

Reaction score
Hi guys I was wondering if someone could help me with my latest windows 10 issue. I have WiFi adapter (not ethernet) in one of my PCI slots, after the latest windows 10 update the adapter wouldn't enable and I was left with a red X at the bottom of my screen. Now the adapter won't even show up anywhere on my PC and I'm still left with the red X. I've done a network reset and searched for new update for the driver yet neither of these have worked. Please could someone help me??!!

Reaction score
Sorry, missed the PCI part. It's possible the card has died.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi guys I was wondering if someone could help me with my latest windows 10 issue. I have WiFi adapter (not ethernet) in one of my PCI slots, after the latest windows 10 update the adapter wouldn't enable and I was left with a red X at the bottom of my screen. Now the adapter won't even show up anywhere on my PC and I'm still left with the red X. I've done a network reset and searched for new update for the driver yet neither of these have worked. Please could someone help me??!!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can you share the specifics as to Manufacturer Name and Model Number of the adapter?
I have WiFi adapter (not ethernet) in one of my PCI slots
Might be worth the effort to remove the adapter and reseat it firmly into the slot.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Merged. Please try to avoid double or cross posting.

Reaction score
A full power off ( unplugged from the wall) remove and replace the adapter and reboot. Windows should take a try at re-installing the adapter.

Ask a Question