No Wifi access- Network Adaptor not working even after reinstalling

Reaction score
Dear all,
I upgraded to Windows 10 some months ago (so beyond the 30 days roll back to old OS) on my laptop. It has been unable to detect Wifi, and I am surviving on direct cable connection to internet. After I reinstall my network adaptor (Intel (R) Centrino (R) Advanced- N6235), it will work, I will be able to connect via Wifi for 5-10 mins, then there will be an error in the network adaptor again. My Windows 10 is uptodate. I have disabled Fast Startup, and Battery saving options, but problem still remains. Please help, many thanks!

ASUS laptop
Intel (R) core (TM) i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.80 GHZ
Windows 10 Home
Version 1511
OS build 10586.494
64-bit operating system

Attachments

• network adaptor.jpg
    network adaptor.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 659

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi st0rmscape,

Welcome to the forum.

You mentioned you reinstalled your network adapter, but I am wondering with which driver version?

My understanding is Windows 10 includes a driver for your particular adapter, version 15x, as opposed to Intels support site that may still be offering 13x which was released for Windows 8.1 although I've not looked at their site to confirm this.

As you can view your adapter in Device Manager can you go there and confirm what driver is current installed and its full version number.

Intel itself has some rather lengthy forums on your particular adapter which seems to have been plagued with connection troubles for Windows 7 users also. Their policy appears to be to get them to repair the machines, but some in the forum who paid for this continued to experience troubles.

There seems to be several ideas for possible solutions among the forum contributors, ranging from enabling FIPS, disabling security settings and choosing WPA instead, using older drivers that allegedly were stable, and so forth. None of these suggestions though appear to have a long term fix, nor do they appear to work for everyone; hence the multiple ideas. You may ultimately need to consider getting a new adapter for your computer and replacing this particular model.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/31090 the older forum on this topic

https://communities.intel.com/thread/84046 a more recent posting more relevant to windows 10

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Dear Regedit32,

Thanks for replying! Here are the details of my network adaptor driver:

Intel (R) Centrino (R) advanced-N 6235
Driver Date: 30/4/2015
Driver version: 15.18.01

The funny thing is after uninstalling & reinstalling it, it will work for 5-10 mins. I can connect to WiFi and surf the net. Then it will go down again. I have also tried installing the version 13 as well, but same problem occurs.

Ask a Question