No internet access on my wifi

Reaction score
My internet stopped working for all the softwares but Google Chrome. I searched some solutions online but I ended up making the situation worse and now I can't even connect to the wifi.
Basically I put the password and it connects, but the wifi icon has the yellow exclamation mark and it says "Unidentified network, no internet access".
I noticed that also the Cortana search bar doesnt work anymore, and I feel like the start button is working a bit slower..

if it helps, this is what I get if I type ipconfig /all on CMD:

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DESKTOP-SP29LPD
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Marvell Yukon 88E8059 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-42-49-FD-88-BB
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 1000
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-26-C7-E0-B3-AE
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::d8de:dd16:182b:e72c%6(Preferred)
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.231.44(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 234890951
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1F-46-74-09-54-42-49-FD-88-BB
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

---------------------

I already tried uninstalling the network adapters from the Device Manager..

Does anyone know what should I do?

Thank you!

Reaction score
you are not receiving network information from your router. The 169.254 shows that as does no default gateway.

Did you reinstall the network adapters? Does the wifi adapter show enabled or disabled, see this via Network and Sharing and click on Change adapter settings.

I would reboot the router and reboot the PC in that order and then check the above and ipconfig and tell us the state of things.

Reaction score
your wifi connection does not have a valid IP address and the gateway is not valid (you do not have one). Looks like it can not connect to the router properly.
If you connect to a router your setting should look like this (your settings may vary):
IP address : 192.168.1.2
Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
Gateway : 192.168.1.1

are your WiFi drivers up-to-date?
Do you have other wifi enabled devices that can not connect (like smart phone, tablet etc.)?
A router reset may help as well...

I personally have DHCP always turned off as my PC's on the network all have static IP's.

Reaction score
Whether some device will work with Win 10 is sometimes hard to determine. The table linked below seems to indicate your adapter is not supported, by Intel at least, and I have seen several wireless-N adapters which have problems with Win 10. Hopefully, the device will function is some manner.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005602.html

Since you seem to be locking on to a Microsoft default IP address there are a couple of things to try and some have already been suggested.

Use the ncpa.cpl connections panel to disable and then enable the adapter. Maybe it will find the correct network.

You could try manually entering a usable IP address to see if it would see the correct network and if it does, switch back to DHCP.

The network needs to be set as a private network and in many cases it comes up as public, so check that.

Reaction score
I would de install the driver and install the Windows 8.1 driver. If that doesn't work....time for a cheap USB wireless device.

Reaction score
for all the use of the word 'later' it is probably the 8.1 driver from the date...and may well work fine.

Ask a Question