Windows 10- No WiFi Option

Reaction score
I updated my PC to Windows 10, and all of the sudden when I go to ‘Network and Internet’ there is no ‘Wi-Fi’ option; Only something called “Ethernet” and I am too far from my router to use that. I’ve done my research and most websites say that similar things like this have happened to other people who also updated to Windows 10. I’ve tried everything to fix this problem, from rebooting, completely resetting my PC, to troubleshooting EVERYTHING. Nothing works for me. I really need help especially with online school coming up:(

Reaction score
You most likely need to find the model of your wifi adapter (whether internal or usb), go to the manufactures website, and download the proper Windows 10 driver for it. Sometimes the wifi drivers for previous versions of Windows aren't compatible, and Windows 10 doesn't always install the correct ones.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Keep in mind, assuming that this is a laptop, often there is a need to physically enable the wireless adapter.
This can entail anything from an actual physical switch somewhere on the laptop or a keyboard combination often involving the Fn key and another key usually found along the top row of the keyboard.

Reaction score
As Trouble says. Fn + F10 does it on my Dell
Have you looked in the device manager to see if a wireless adapter has actually been installed?

Reaction score
I have 2 methods for your problem about No Wifi Available after Update Windows 10
  • Enter Command to Fix No WiFi after Windows 10 Update
  1. Type cmd to the search box in the taskbar and right-click the Command Prompt for Run as administrator. This could launch Command Prompt as Administrator.
  2. Enter in the following Command thus hitting the Enter key: reg delete HKCR\CLSID\{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /va /f.
  3. Enter the command below in the Command Prompt box and press Enter once more: netcfg -v -u dni_dne.
  • Update Driver with Driver Talent (Worked 100%)
  1. Run Driver Talent and click on the Scan button to identify your PC. It may check all driver problem.
  2. Click on the Update or Repair button to solve the Wi-Fi driver issue.
  3. Reboot to create your Wi-Fi or wireless adapter work. Now your wireless network connection is available.
Note: You may also try the network version, Driver Talent for Network Card. This version may help to fix the driver issues without an internet connection. You must install this tool before updating to Windows 10. Alternatively, download it with the available computer that's internet connection and move it in your computer to setup network driver offline. Just try first who knows that way your Wifi can return to normal.
For more detail on into Windows 10. Thank you.

Reaction score
I feel for you.
I prefer to run an older version of Office; it worked fine but upgrading to W10, suddenly small irritating parts of the Office program, especially Outlook don't function as I expected.
I had to uninstall windows back to my old version to regain the features. This part worked flawlessly.
Sad considering this is a microsoft program, you think they would ensure backwards compatibility. Planned adolescence? I hope this is not something you have to do.

In your case the answers already given should work, however one little thing that can creep in is 64bit. If you upgraded to 64bit at the same time you will need the 64bit drivers.

Cheers
Ron

Reaction score
I updated my PC to Windows 10, and all of the sudden when I go to ‘Network and Internet’ there is no ‘Wi-Fi’ option; Only something called “Ethernet” and I am too far from my router to use that. I’ve done my research and most websites say that similar things like this have happened to other people who also updated to Windows 10. I’ve tried everything to fix this problem, from rebooting, completely resetting my PC, to troubleshooting EVERYTHING. Nothing works for me. I really need help especially with online school coming up:(
I just posted I solution to the exact same issue I had after the latest update. Press windows key and R , type In msconfig go to Systems tab, I found all the items listed had been disabled on the same day as the update... clicked on Enable All, Apply and OK , things looked promising. Shut down and restarted, all seems to be good now.

Reaction score
Well, it is three weeks since the op was here, so I guess somehow the problem was solved.
Frankly, I doubt if any genuine update would have disabled all the services, there must be another reason for your observation.
It should not have happened, but I think it more likely that it was a change of preferences under the "general" tab

Ask a Question