SOLVED No WiFi option in Windows 10 Network Settings

Kat

Reaction score
I have a Compaq CQ61-410 Notebook. After upgrading to Windows 10 I no longer have WiFi capabilities. In Windows - Settings - Network & Internet I do not have a WiFi option listed. However, if I go to Control Panel - Network and Internet - Network Connections I see my wireless service listed. I have confirmed that I have the correct drivers loaded - Qualcomm Atheros. When I diagnose this connection I get the following message:

There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter
Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Reaction score
I just updated to windows 10 myself, but I have about the same problem. I have no Wi-Gi option under Network & Internet settings. I can't even hook up to the Internet using an Ethernet Cable.

Help fix this please.

Reaction score
Go to your device manager and uninstall your WiFi driver. Click yes on the pop up warning and restart your computer. Windows 10 will reinstall the driver.

Kat

Reaction score
Glenn, Thank You! I did what you suggested and now my WiFi is working correctly.

bec

Reaction score
Go to your device manager and uninstall your WiFi driver. Click yes on the pop up warning and restart your computer. Windows 10 will reinstall the driver.
Hi Glenn,
I have the exact same problem although I am no computer savvy and I am not sure which is my WiFi driver as there is no such option in Device Manager. I did find in Network adapters: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160.
Is this my WiFi driver? I have a HP Pavilion Intel core i3 laptop. I just wanted to make sure before uninstalling anything.

bec

Reaction score
Hi Glenn,
I have the exact same problem although I am no computer savvy and I am not sure which is my WiFi driver as there is no such option in Device Manager. I did find in Network adapters: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160.
Is this my WiFi driver? I have a HP Pavilion Intel core i3 laptop. I just wanted to make sure before uninstalling anything.
And If that isn't my WiFi driver, what subheading is it under in Device
Manager and what would it be called? As there is no "WiFi driver" listed. Thank you for your patience.

Ask a Question